Presented by William M. Bannon, Jr., PhD
The next session of The Ideal Qualitative Study with a Quantitative Component 6-week webinar class hosted by StatsWhisperer, Inc., is
currently open for registration. The session will be held from February 18, 2019 to March 28, 2019.
The early registration rate will be available until February 15, 2019 (Midnight, EST). After that date the full registration rate of $300 will
Please email Dr. Bannon with questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for the webinar via the link:
After registration you will receive a confirmation that also specifies your email to be used for the class.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Comments by prior attendees include: “Very clearly explained, great instructor. Handouts were also concise and clear. Having the
example (sample study) was especially helpful!”
95% of prior attendees rated the class as Extremely/Very Useful
100% described they would recommend the class to others
THE THOUGHT PROCESS BEHIND THIS COURSE
The purpose of research involving study participants is chiefly to gain the perspective of the individual being interviewed. Toward this end,
qualitative research is invaluable as the methods involved allow the researcher to ask for the perspective of the study participant directly.
However, to maximize the value of research, there is often a need to organize, count, and quantify, the variable responses and variable
relationships within the qualitative study, which drifts into the area of quantitative research methods. Thus, it may be reasonable to
speculate that an ideal research project might consist of a qualitative study with a quantitative component.
Therefore, this webinar program has been created to review the essentials of qualitative analysis, quantitative analysis, as well as how to
combine these two data strands using mixed methods data analysis.
The objective of this webinar program is to enable the participant to structure and implement a qualitative data analysis study with a
quantitative component on their own. To meet this overall objective, attendees will meet a list of smaller objectives that include (but are not
1. Learn the foundations of qualitative data analysis: Step by step guidance will be provided in detail regarding qualitative data
2. Quantifying qualitative data: Attendees will learn how to comprehensively review qualitative data and structure these data in
quantifiable terms, so that these data may be understood in the greatest detail.
3. Learn the essential statistical tests in quantitative research: Attendees will learn how to perform statistical tests at the univariate,
bivariate, and multivariate levels, in order to implement the quantitative component of their research study.
4. Marrying the qualitative and quantitative data: Attendees will learn how to combine the qualitative and quantitative data via mixed
methods data analysis methods in order to produce rich and detailed findings.
5. Publishing findings: Attendees will learn how to conduct the write-up and report the results of the statistical analysis in manuscript form.
Several resources are provided to meet the objectives, including weekly presentations, personalized attention, and written materials.
Specifically, the webinar features include:
1. Weekly Webinar Presentations: A new 1 to 2 hour webinar presentation will be made available to participants every Monday during
the 6-week duration of the program (emailed to the attendees by 9am EST). All examples and lecture notes will use SPSS.
Presentations are recorded, so each may be watched at the viewer's convenience. Attendees have indefinite access to the presentations
during and after the webinar.
2. Q and A Sessions: Learning these materials is often facilitated by the participant being able to present their questions directly to the
facilitator. Therefore, participants will be able to email their questions on the material directly to Dr. Bannon every Thursday (a 24 hour Q
and A session) during the program and have him respond to them personally.*
3. Written materials: A written chapter (PDF) detailing the materials presented is provided each week to elaborate the content provided in
each weekly webinar. The combined chapters will act as a manual containing detailed lecture notes, examples of computer printouts, and
several other useful features.
4. One-Hour Personal Consultation: Participants often have specific projects which they are applying this learning to. Additionally,
participants often prefer to present some questions by phone or in person. Subsequently, Dr. Bannon will schedule a 1-hour personal
consultation by phone or in person (regularly $192 at the student rate) with each participant to discuss any topic of the participants choosing
(e.g., webinar course materials, a project that is being developed or worked upon).*
5. Writing Critique: Reporting findings in scientific text and tables is a skill. Many times a critique and feedback to one’s work is of great
benefit. Subsequently, as a part of this webinar there will be a small writers workshop where participants are welcome to submit up to 10
pages of scientific writing (e.g., the methods and results sections of a dissertation or research study) to Dr. Bannon for critique and
*Due to the high level of personalized attention in this program, seats for the webinar will be very limited
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed to facilitate a foundational understanding of the process of data analysis using qualitative research methods.
Therefore, students, academic, and professionals approaching qualitative data analysis at the fundamental level or those who would like a
refresher course before performing a qualitative study would find this course useful.
Furthermore, this webinar instructs on how to use quantitative methods to enhance the findings of a qualitative study. Therefore,
experienced qualitative researchers who wish to branch into quantitative methods to enrich their research would also find this course of use.
Doctoral students that must complete dissertation and capstone studies using qualitative and quantitative methods will find this course of
particular use, as the information helps set the entire foundation for such a study, as well as instructs on how to implement the analysis and
write up findings in a manuscript or chapter form.
Register for the webinar via the link:
|The Ideal Qualitative Study with
a Quantitative Component
6-Week Webinar Class
|Use the page below for the
20% off special as
registration is at the
regular rate on our website!