Presented by William M. O'Bannon, Jr., PhD
You may register for the next session of The Steps of Data Analysis 6-week webinar class hosted by StatsWhisperer, Inc., (held: May 14,
2018 to June 21, 2018) at the early registration rate of $250 at the link below.
After May 7, 2018 the full registration fee of $300 will apply.
Email Dr. O'Bannon with any questions at: email@example.com
Register for the webinar via the link:
After registration you will receive a confirmation email regarding the mailing address for your textbook & email to be used for the class.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Comments by prior attendees include: “I would like to thank Bill for taking a subject that can evoke anxiety and making it “light”. I
appreciate Bill’s sense of humour, knowledge and passion for teaching. Bill’s teaching skill and continued willingness to help his students
achieve success is inspiring. Thanks Bill!”
Over 95% of all prior attendees rated the class as Extremely/Very Useful
97% described they would recommend the class to others
WEBINAR APPROVED FOR NURSING CEs
This 6-week webinar is a continuing nursing education activity that has been approved by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an
accredited approved by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Attendees will be awarded 7
contact hours upon successful completion of the course. After registering for the course, please email Dr. O'Bannon at:
firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be included in the process of earning the 7 nursing contact hours.*
THE THOUGHT PROCESS BEHIND THIS COURSE
Implementing statistical procedures toward completing a data analysis study is a difficult task for many people. Even after competently
learning and even applying statistical techniques, there is still a great challenge in knowing how to assemble these procedures to produce a
comprehensive quantitative study. In short, there are few materials that instruct on how to pull all this information together to form a plan for
and conduct a data analysis study, which often leaves individuals confused about how to structure and apply their learning. The reality is that
there are 7 steps involved in the process of data analysis. Knowing these 7 steps and the methods used within each is an key to learning,
understanding, and/or conducting effective research. Through this webinar presentation, attendees will learn these 7 specific steps of the
data analysis process and the procedures involved at each step.
The objective of this webinar program is to enable the participant to structure and implement a data analysis study on their own. To meet
this overall objective, attendees will meet a list of smaller objectives that include (but are not limited to):
1. Learning the essential facts needed for quantitative research: While there is a great deal of information regarding quantitative
analysis, there are a limited number of “need to know facts” that a researcher must absorb in order to perform data analysis. This webinar
identifies the essential pieces of knowledge needed to produce a quantitative study.
2. Data entry: Attendees will learn how to create a software data base (in SPSS), as well as how to clean and enter data into that
3. Data preparation: Attendees will learn how to perform checks of data integrity and other means of assuring that data are appropriate
for statistical analysis.
4. Performing univariate analysis: Attendees will learn how to present the individual characteristics of study variables via univariate
5. Performing bivariate analysis: Attendees will learn how to select and conduct various bivariate statistical tests in order to identify if a
significant relationship exists between two variables.
6. Performing multivariate analysis: Attendees will lean multivariate statistical techniques, such as linear and logistic regression, in
order to identify the effects of several predictor variables on study outcomes.
7. Publishing findings: Attendees will learn how to conduct the write-up and report the results of the statistical analysis in manuscript form.
8. Implementing and conducting a quantitative research study: Attendees will learn how to organize and apply all of the learning
above into a 7 step process that will produce an effective and legitimate quantitative research study.
Several resources are provided to meet the objectives, including weekly presentations, personalized attention, and written materials.
Specifically, the webinar features include:
1. Weekly Webinar Presentations: Presentations are recorded, so each may be watched at the viewer’s convenience. Attendees have
indefinite access to the presentations during and after the webinar. A new 1 to 2 hour webinar presentation will be made available to
participants every Monday during the 6-week duration of the program (emailed to the attendees by 9am EST). All examples and lecture
notes will use SPSS.
2. Q and A Sessions: Learning these materials is often facilitated by the participant being able to present their questions directly to the
facilitator. Therefore, participants will be able to email their questions on the material directly to Dr. O'Bannon every Thursday (a 24 hour Q
and A session) during the program and have him respond to them personally.*
3. Textbook and cliff note documents: A copy of The 7 Steps of Data Analysis textbook (click here to view the text) is included with
this webinar (regularly $122). Attendees receive weekly PDF documents that serve as cliff notes that list the pages within the textbook that
elaborate and expand upon the materials presented in the webinar video for each respective week.
4. One-Hour Personal Consultation: Participants often have specific projects which they are applying this learning to. Additionally,
participants often prefer to present some questions by phone or in person. Subsequently, Dr. O'Bannon will schedule a 1-hour personal
consultation by phone or in person (regularly $192 at the student rate) with each participant to discuss any topic of the participants choosing
(e.g., webinar course materials, a project that is being developed or worked upon).*
5. Writing Critique: Reporting findings in scientific text and tables is a skill. Many times a critique and feedback to one’s work is of great
benefit. Subsequently, as a part of this webinar there will be a small writers workshop where participants are welcome to submit up to 10
pages of scientific writing (e.g., the methods and results sections of a dissertation or research study) to Dr. O'Bannon for critique and
*Due to the high level of personalized attention in this program, seats for the webinar will be very limited
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed to facilitate a foundational understanding of the process of data analysis using statistical methods. Therefore,
students, academic, and professionals approaching quantitative data analysis at the fundamental level or those who would like a refresher
course before performing a quantitative study would find this course useful. Doctoral students that must complete dissertation and capstone
studies using statistical methods will find this course of particular use, as the information helps set the entire foundation for a such a study,
as well as instructs on how to implement the analysis and write up findings in a manuscript or chapter form.
REGARDING EARNING NURSE CEs
• Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered.
• You must score 80% or higher on the posttest exam completed with each individual session and complete the course evaluation for each
individual session to pass this course and receive a continuing education certificate.
• All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of
interest related to the course content.
Register for the webinar via the link:
|Visit the main:
|The Steps of Data Analysis
Early Registration Available
|Use the page below for the
20% off special as
registration is at the
regular rate on our website!